By Marc Harter
Purchase of the print publication contains a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
You've made up our minds to exploit Node.js in your subsequent venture and also you desire the abilities to enforce Node in creation. it'd be nice to have Node specialists Alex younger and Marc Harter at your aspect that can assist you take on these day by day demanding situations. With this booklet, you can!
Node.js in Practice is a suite of one hundred fifteen completely verified examples and immediately precious concepts bound to make any Node software pass extra easily. Following a commonsense Problem/Solution layout, those experience-fueled suggestions conceal vital themes like event-based programming, streams, integrating exterior purposes, and deployment. The abundantly annotated code makes the examples effortless to stick to, and strategies are prepared into logical clusters, so it is a snap to discover what you are looking for.
- Common utilization examples, from easy to advanced
- Designing and writing modules
- Testing and debugging Node apps
- Integrating Node into latest systems
About the Authors
Table of Contents
- Getting started
- Globals: Node's environment
- Buffers: operating with bits, bytes, and encodings
- occasions: learning EventEmitter and beyond
- Streams: Node's strongest and misunderstood feature
- dossier procedure: Synchronous and asynchronous techniques
- Networking: Node's actual "Hello, international"
- baby strategies: Integrating exterior purposes with Node
- the net: construct leaner and meaner net applications
- checks: the most important to convinced code
- Debugging: Designing for introspection and resolving issues
- Node in creation: Deploying functions safely
- Writing modules: gaining knowledge of what Node is all approximately
PART 1 NODE FUNDAMENTALS
half 2 REAL-WORLD RECIPES
PART three WRITING MODULES
By Ryo Shimizu, Hidekazu Furukawa, Ryohei Fushimi, Ryo Tanaka, Kevin Kratzer
We dwell in an age the place smartphones and pills have made video games extra ubiquitous than ever. Based round HTML5, enchant.js is ultimate for aspiring online game programmers who've continually been intimidated through code. video games written utilizing enchant.js take just a couple of hours to jot down, and will be performed in a browser, iOS, and Android units, removal the tension of programming to target the thrill. observe the enjoyment of video game improvement with enchant.js.
- Provides a complete, effortless consultant to video game programming via enchant.js
- Gives aspiring video game builders a device to achieve their principles
Beginning Amazon net companies with Node.js teaches any beginner Node.js developer to configure, set up, and hold scalable small to giant scale Node.js purposes in Amazon internet prone. webhosting a Node.js software in a construction atmosphere often potential turning to PaaS web hosting, yet this process brings difficulties. Deploying Node.js on to AWS solves the issues you come upon in those events, allowing you to chop out the center guy.
Node.js is single-threaded, and designed to run excessive enter / excessive output purposes, making it perfect for the cloud surroundings. in the event that your major job is dealing with a excessive quantity of requests over HTTP / the net, it's going to scale rather well in share to the computing energy you allocate to it. Amazon internet providers deals a wide set of prone that aid firms flow swifter, reduce expenditures, and scale functions. depended on via the biggest organizations and start-ups alike, AWS powers a large choice of workloads throughout a large spectrum. If leveraged correctly, you could construct a Node.js app on AWS that can immediately strength itself as much as deal with an incredible quantity of site visitors, after which curb right down to a lighter configuration while consumer call for has dropped. Amazon net prone bargains a huge set of providers that aid firms movement swifter, reduce bills, and scale purposes. start with Node.js and AWS utilizing this publication this present day.
By Anton Kovalyov
- Angus Croll
- Jonathan Barronville
- Sara Chipps
- Marijn Haverbeke
- Ariya Hidayat
- Daryl Koopersmith
- Anton Kovalyov
- Rebecca Murphey
- Daniel Pupius
- Graeme Roberts
- Jenn Schiffer
- Jacob Thornton
- Ben Vinegar
- Rick Waldron
- Nicholas Zakas
Beginning Java eight APIs, Extensions and Libraries completes the Apress Java studying trip and is a entire method of studying the Java Swing, JavaFX, Java Scripting, JDBC and community programming APIs.
This booklet covers the foremost extensions of the Java programming language similar to Swing, JavaFX, community programming, and JDBC. each one subject begins with a dialogue of the topic's historical past. A step by step procedure, with small snippets of Java code, presents easy-to-follow directions. on the finish of a subject, an entire and ready-to-run Java software is equipped. This publication includes over one hundred thirty photographs and diagrams that can assist you visualize and higher comprehend the themes. greater than a hundred thirty entire courses let you perform and quick examine the topics.
The Swing chapters talk about a variety of points of operating with a GUI, from the very uncomplicated ideas of constructing a Swing software, to the main complicated themes, akin to adorning a Swing part with a JLayer, drag-and-drop positive factors, Synth Skinnable L&F, and so on.
The bankruptcy on community programming covers the fundamentals of community applied sciences first, after which, the complicated subject matters of community programming, utilizing a Java classification library. It covers IPv4 and IPv6, addressing schemes, subnetting, supernetting, multicasting, TCP/IP sockets, UPD sockets, asynchronous socket I/O, etc.
The bankruptcy on JDBC offers the main points of connecting and dealing with databases resembling Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, Java DB (Apache Derby), Sybase, Adaptive Server wherever, and so on. It incorporates a whole dialogue on processing a ResultSet and a RowSet. It discusses how you can use the RowSetFactory, to procure a RowSet item of a selected kind. operating with huge gadgets (LOBs), akin to Blob, Clob, and NClob, is roofed intimately with Java code examples and database scripts.
By Christophe Porteneuve
By Paul Wilton, Jeremy McPeak
- Offers up to date code that guarantees compliance with the preferred internet browsers
By Stephen A. Thomas
You've bought facts to speak. yet what sort of visualization do you opt, how do you construct it, and the way do you make sure that it really is as much as the calls for of the Web?
Then you are going to stream directly to extra complex issues, together with how to:
- Create tree maps, warmth maps, community graphs, note clouds, and timelines
- Map geographic info, and construct sparklines and composite charts
- Add interactivity and retrieve facts with AJAX
- Manage facts within the browser and construct data-driven internet applications
- Harness the facility of the Flotr2, Flot, Chronoline.js, D3.js, Underscore.js, and Backbone.js libraries
By Fabio Nelli
- Create every kind of charts utilizing the newest applied sciences on hand on browsers (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, jqPlot, D3, Highcharts, and SVG)
- This ebook presents a couple of instruments that may be the place to begin for any undertaking requiring graphical representations of knowledge, even if utilizing advertisement libraries or your own
By Jon Duckett
This full-color ebook will help you make your web pages extra interactive and your interfaces extra attention-grabbing and intuitive.
THIS booklet COVERS:
- Basic programming concepts - assuming no earlier knowledge of programming past a capability to create an internet web page utilizing HTML & CSS
- How to recreate suggestions you may have obvious on different internet sites akin to sliders, content material filters, shape validation, updating content material utilizing Ajax, and masses extra (these examples display writing your personal scripts from scratch and the way the speculation you've gotten realized is placed into practice).
As with our first booklet (the best-selling HTML & CSS: layout and construct Websites), every one chapter:
- Breaks topics down into bite-sized chunks with a brand new subject on every one page
- Contains transparent descriptions of syntax, every one established with inspiring code samples
- Uses diagrams and images to provide an explanation for advanced innovations in a visible way
if you are seeking to create extra enriching internet studies, then this is often the booklet for you.